Valentine In Paris
When: 14th February 2020 @ 7:30pm
Where: The Southbank Centre
French is the language of love and here is a concert with music by Ravel and Saint-Saëns.
After a brief stop in Humperdinck’s enchanted German forest, and the brief fairytale vision of Ravel’s beautiful Pavane, we’re straight into a Paris café: here Ravel’s Piano Concerto fills the air with the sounds of the Jazz Age.
No-one in the world plays it with more panache than the great French pianist Jean-Efflam Bavouzet.
And then maestro Emmanuel Krivine and the full London Philharmonic Orchestra ignite the fireworks, as Saint-Saëns’ spectacular Organ Symphony lights up the night sky. All without leaving the South Bank…
- London Philharmonic Orchestra
- Emmanuel Krivine conductor
- Jean-Efflam Bavouzet piano
- Humperdinck: Overture, Hansel and Gretel
- Ravel: Pavane pour une infante défunte; Piano Concerto in G
- Saint-Saëns: Symphony No.3 in C minor (Organ)
Booking for this event has now closed.
Loading Content ...